Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's been a few days...

HELLO to all of the positive people in the "NO Negativity Zone"!!!!!!!  Hope your weeks and weekends have been great! What's good?  It's hump day! LOL 

There have been a few trials that have challenged my ability to remain positive, NEVERTHELESS; the core of my soul will always be as bright as the sun!! Come on and SHINE with me!

MUSIC!

I love singing, music, and I absolutely admire anyone with the talent to sing, dance, and play instruments.  Music can bring us together, or it can cause a riot!  It can make you fall in love, or make you feel even stronger about breaking up.  I love a statement from Ne-yo, (loosely quoted) "Music is not like it used to be.  It's more about money, drugs, and sex... I want to continue making music with meaning, the melody, the harmony, you FEEL something."  This is why I love music so much.  YOU FEEL something when it's good! 

In order for me to know that I REALLY like something.  I must listen to it MANY, MANY TIMES!  (just ask my husband!  I have played Erykah Badu's New Amerykah Part Two: Return of the Ankh over and over and over.  But once I explained to him my philosophy of listening to music then he understood. 

When I first listen to a song, it's for the beat, the second time, is for the lyrics, and the third time, I listen to hear the musical talent of the person, how they blended the music, harmony, lyrics, and I also try to make sense of what their lyrics are saying... LOL!

So... go into relaxation mode, have a glass of wine, and really listen... not only to music, but your heart, your body, and your soul! 

Until next time...
('*•.¸(`*•.¸ ¸.•*´)¸.•* )


¨`•.¸ * LeeLee ¸*•´'

(¸.•*'(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)*•.¸)

1 comment:

  1. Music speaks to our souls! I love music with meaning. A nice beat doesn't hurt either :)

    ReplyDelete